Which option is for you?
DesignBuilder is structured as a modular solution, comprising a core 3-D modeller and nine modules that work together to provide in-depth performance analysis for any building. Every module integrates fully with its counterparts, so you can pick individual modules or choose one of our packages.
For architects: If you’re designing a renovation or new-build project, DesignBuilder is perfect for early design stage simulations and compliance modelling.
Architectural Essentials: 3D Modeller with Simulation, Visualisation & Daylighting modules
Architectural Plus: 3D Modeller with Simulation, Visualisation, Daylighting, Cost & Optimisation modules
For engineers: Minimise the ‘energy gap’ for your clients with DesignBuilder’s advanced modelling.
Engineering Essentials: 3D Modeller with Simulation, Visualisation, Daylighting, Cost, HVAC & LEED modules
Engineering Plus: 3D Modeller with Simulation, Visualisation, Daylighting, Cost, HVAC, LEED, Optimisation & Scripting modules
Engineering Pro: 3D Modeller with Simulation, Visualisation, Daylighting, Cost, HVAC, LEED, Optimisation, Scripting & CFD modules
For academic institutions: Universities worldwide use DesignBuilder for teaching since it is accessible to learn, and for research since it is so powerful. Any of the above packages may be licensed to a learning institution.
- 3-D Modeller - The core module, our efficient 3-D building modeller.
- Visualisation - Visualisation: Stunning rendered images and site shading analysis.
- Simulation - EnergyPlus simulations for energy and comfort analyses.
- Daylighting - Reports daylight factors and illuminance using Radiance.
- HVAC - A powerful and flexible interface to EnergyPlus HVAC.
- Cost - Early stage building cost estimation.
- LEED - LEED EAp2 and ASHRAE 90.1 calculations.
- Optimisation - Multi-criteria optimisation to help meet design goals.
- Scripting - Access to the EnergyPlus Energy Management System allows you to customise the behaviour of the HVAC equipment, controls and facades with sophisticated logic and custom integration with other codes.
- CFD - Computational Fluid Dynamics calculates distribution of air properties such as velocity, temperature and pressure in and around buildings.
See our pricing and licencing options.