The first course is the introduction to the DesignBuilder interface, with a focus on model input information and drawing models. Two CPD points are available from both SAIA and ECSA.
The following topics are covered.
- Introduction to the context of energy modelling work in SA.
- Create building geometry either from scratch or from DXF / pdf, or other floor plan data.
- Introduce gbXML 3D imports.
- Enter data on activity, building constructions, glazing, shading, schedules of building operation, lighting and HVAC systems.
- Create components and templates and import / export these between projects.