This first module is the introduction to the DesignBuilder interface, with a focus on model input information and drawing models. It is taken together with the second module (Simulation). Two CPD points are available from both SACAP and ECSA, for the two modules taken together.
This module covers:
- Introduction to the context of building performance modelling work in South Africa.
- Creation of building geometry either from scratch or from DXF / PDF floor plans.
- Introduction to gbXML 3D imports.
- Entering data on activity, building constructions, glazing, shading, schedules of building operation, lighting and HVAC systems.
- Creating components and templates and importing / exporting these between projects.